Monday, October 15, 2012

Fun while Dad's gone

Blake went back to the states for 12 days to go hunting and to a Dental Conference. We miss him, but are trying to make the best of our time together. We have actually been having a lot of fun!

We made Halloween decorations one night and the kids were having so much fun they didn't want to go to bed. They hand knitted some chains to use as garland around the fireplace, then we made some little "monsters."  One for each of them. They loved them:)

Parker, Remi, Alissa and Broden with their little monsters
 One night we went to an open house at the fire department and the kids had a blast playing on the bounce houses and playing in a real firetruck. They had a drawing and Alissa won a Barbie and I wond a bottle of wine. I wasn't quite sure what to do with it so I just set it on our table. Remi asked me what it was and I told her wine, that I was going to give it away. She was very concerned all evening until I gave it to one of the firemen:) It was pretty cute.

Saturday we went for a bike ride and run, then met some friends at the Pumpkin Patch and went through a corn maze. Then we went to the movies(which I was nervous about doing alone with all the kids). Parker fell asleep on the way, so I just kept him in his carseat and carried the whole things in and set it on a chair:) It worked out pretty good. He stayed in it sleeping and eating candy and popcorn until the last 10 minutes. We saw Ice Age 4 and the kids loved it!

After the movie we went to some more friends house for some yummy dinner and good company. We are so lucky to have such good friends here to take care of us when Blake is gone!
Broden playing with the Pumpkins
When we were at the Pumpkin Patch Broden was going from pumpkin to pumpkin sitting on them. I was talking and just watching all the kids play. Broden walked over to me with big tears in his eyes. I asked him what was wrong and he said he sat on a pumpkin and it broke. I had him show me and sure enough. It caved in when he sat on it. I told him it was ok and he asked if we needed to pay for it. I told him it was ok. It wasn't his fault, it was just a rotted pumpkin. It would have come apart if anyone tried to pick it up. It was cute how concerned he was about breaking something.
Remi and Alissa

Broden, Alissa, Remi and Parker

Alissa, Remi, Me, Parker and Broden

Rilyn, Parker, Remi, Alissa, Broden, and Shaylee

Remi chasing Parker in the corn

Parker gathering corn

Alissa made this frame in school, then we cute out the silhouettes to go in it

Our Garland

Our mantle and bats

Our little monsters!
We are excited to do more fun things this week to pass the time until dad gets home! The kids miss him so much and ask all the time when he is coming home. Poor Alissa doesn't have a concept of days, so she doesn't understand how long he will be gone and thinks he needs to come home right now. I agree:)

No comments: