Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween decorations

Here are the fun Halloween decorations we made while Blake was gone. We made the Scarecrow for FHE. It was actually Remi's assignment for school. All the kids in her grade were assigned to make scarecrows for their East Feast. They grew a garden and we all got to come eat soups and other food they made from the things grown in their garden. It was a fun day!

Alissa, Remi and Broden with our scarecrow "Parker"

Remi and her scarecrow

Our yarn monsters

Alissa made this frame in school, so I cut out some silhouettes to go in it.

The Halloween garland Broden made

The fireplace mantle- Remi made the long garland and I cute out the bats
Of course I love doing everything for cheap and without leaving the house, so while Blake was gone we did just that. We made the garland with yarn I had for previous projects and the black paper I had from something else too. I also already had the flowers from another year when Remi and Alissa wore them. For the scarecrow I used some old dowels from the craft room and some of the kids clothes, with Blake's hat. We all had so much fun together listening to Halloween music, watching movies and decorating.

No comments: