Sunday, May 15, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

We have been married 7 years and Blake still loves me!!! He must be a pretty amazing guy. He is such a good husband and father. We have enjoyed so many fun things during our marriage. He was just laughing yesterday how we have only been married 7 years and have 4 kids.

Some of the reasons I love him are...
He has taught me to see things differently than I did before we were married. I have always loved nature and being outside, but now I actually notice things I didn't before, like the birds in the trees, the nests, deer in the fields and things like this. I can even identify lots of birds because he has taught me and is teaching the kids. We have so much fun going on walks and hikes and learning about nature from him.

Blake has such a strong testimony, which is one of the main things that attracted me to him. He was just off his mission when we first started dating and I loved that he still had that mindset of doing what is right and serving others. He is still like that. He loves to do things for other people and especially go out with the missionaries. I have always heard that women are so good at noticing what the people around them need, but Blake is the one in our relationship who is good at this. He can sit in sacrament meeting and look at different people and know who he should call, or visit or do something for. This is something I need to learn from him.

Blake is also still so good with kids. He is always wrestling with them, tickling them and teasing them. He also teaches them. I love sitting down for Family Home Evening and listen to him teach whatever he comes up with that week. He makes it fun for them. He also teaches them about fishing, hunting, sports and anything else they want to learn about. It is fun to go do things as a family and watch him teach the kids about whatever we are doing.

I love that he is so responsible. He is good with money and understands debt and savings and what the church teaches about them. I love that throughout our whole marriage it has never been a question of if we will pay our tithing or not, or if we should pay fast offerings. I always know we will do it and I don't have to try to talk Blake into it. It isn't ever an issue. It is the same with going to church. It is never a question on Sunday mornings if we will go to church or not. He also takes care of us financially. He has done so well in school and I am so grateful he was so willing to work so hard so he can support our family.

We just watched our wedding video today and he looked so young when we got married. We were so much in love and I can say we are just as much or more in love now than we were then . We have had our ups and downs but still love each other. I love knowing that we are married forever and hope I can be someone my family wants to be with forever!

No comments: