Friday, May 20, 2011

Lasik is good, Right?

I am going to get lasik surgery done later today. I am so excited, nervous too. Its funny because I have always loved medical everything. I have never been scared to go to the doctor, get surgery, have kids or anything. I haven't even been afraid to die, or be paralyzed or any of these things that can happen when you have babies. But for some reason I have this fear that I am going to be blind. I know, its silly, but I am still scared. So this morning I am looking at each of my kids and memorizing their faces. I am going to look through all our pictures too.

I know I don't need to be scared and everything should go smoothly, but what if it doesn't. What if I never get to look at my kids faces again. I would never get to see any of our pictures again, or see my kids play with their toys, or play sports, or go to dances or school, or read them books. I guess my eyes have really been opened to what blind people miss out on. I think a lot about how hard it would be being in a wheel chair and be a mom. My kids can all sense when I am sitting down and they don't like it. I also think about other things that would be hard, like only having one hand.

Ok enough rambling and worrying. I'm sure things will be fine. I'm just excited to have it done so I don't have to worry any more.

4 comments:

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

My husband got it dont a few months ago, he still to this days said its the best thing ever! You'll be great, good luck.

Mindy said...

I am so jealous!! I've been wanting to have it done for so long! Good luck, it'll go great!! I've been loving all your updates! Your family is adorable!

Tera said...

I had mine done over 6 years ago and have never felt better! SERIOUSLY sooo worth it! Enjoy your new and improved eyes!

Jones Family said...

I had no idea you had all these new blog posts! Man it is sad I still havent met Parker. He looks so much like a Jones though and so cute. You guys are such a good looking family! I hope your lasik went okay.