Monday, January 10, 2011

Parker Ryan Jones

 Getting ready to start IV's and Pitocin.
 Just waiting.
 Parker Ryan Jones 7 pounds 7 ounces. 21 inches long.




 Picture with Dr. Kay Thatcher.

 Dad still has that calming influence on a new baby.







Ready to leave the hospital. Look how tiny he looks in that huge car seat.

So we went in to the hospital at 6:00am on Friday, November 19th. They started me on fluids right away then started the pitocin about 7. Blake left to get a few things from the store before things would start happening. While he was gone the doctor came in and broke my water, about 9. At 10 I felt a contraction, so I asked for an epidural. I got it about 10:30. They checked me at 12:00 and said I was ready to push as soon as the doctor got there. She came in at 12:30, I started pushing at 12:35 and he was born at 12:36. Pretty textbook delivery. We stayed the 2 days in the hospital, then went home on Sunday, November 21st. We were lucky to have Blake's mom here with us to help out at home while I was in the hospital and after I got home. I felt so bad leaving Broden to go to the hospital, but he had fun with Grandma. She took them to the park almost every day. It is a huge stress reliever to know my kids are having fun when I am not with them. We also ate well for those 2 weeks. We had a huge Thanksgiving dinner. I wondered what we were going to do with all the leftovers. We ended up eating almost all of them ourselves, except for some of the turkey we froze for soup. It was delicious. 

Parker has been such a good baby(according to me) and the kids are so good with him. I have had some really special experiences with him that I will post another time. It is too late right now. We are so happy to have him with us though. There is nothing like a newborn baby.

4 comments:

OurNotebook said...

Congrats... a little late I did not realize he was born already... to you and your family and the new little arrival:) I am ready for this one to be born as well. I have about a month to go:) Hope all is well. Take care of yourself and much love!

Ashlee and Shane said...

you are such a good mommy! truly! i love all the updates! It was fun reading them! And i love little baby parker in the stocking! haha! so cute! By the way, thanks for your email you sent to me a few months back! I am sorry i haven't responded, but i really appreciate it. you are awesome! and i miss you! :(

Rachel Schanz said...

congratulations on your beautiful baby!! The winter up here has been pretty much just like Idaho winters :) but with out the wind which is always a plus

Tera said...

WOW Miss a couple months MISS ALOT!! Congratulations on your newest arrival. He is beautiful! I love that you are enjoying all the fun to do in the Midwest. We hope you guys are all doing well! We would love to see you if you ever get a chance for a Vacation, or need a stopping point on your way to vacation. Just let us know!!