Monday, January 10, 2011

Craziest Weeks EVER

 Broden with his new dog "dot".

Being wheeled off to surgery.




After surgery.

So a couple weeks before I was due Alissa wasn't sleeping very well.  We had all had colds off and on and fevers and just been sickly. So we decided to take her and Broden to the doctor to make sure everything was ok and they were healthy, before we had a new baby. When the doctor looked in Broden's throat he thought his tonsils looked large. Then another doctor came in and said the same thing. They wanted to refer me to an ENT. So I went from there to the referral office to get a referral to see someone not at the base clinic. This was on a Thursday, I think. While I was in the waiting room waiting for the kids to be seen I realized neither of them had had their yearly check up. I didn't really think they needed them that bad, but I wanted them to be up to date on their shots. So, I scheduled appointments for them the next Tuesday, the 8th.

So, Monday the 8th I went in for my check up and we decided on an induction date of Friday, November 19th. Then Tuesday morning I took Broden and Alissa in for their yearly check ups, and like the Thursday before they said they are both healthy and developmentally ahead for their ages. Then we stopped by the shot clinic and got their shots up to date. From there we drove to the ENT. He looked in Broden's throat and said that his tonsils are big and probably affecting his sleep because he can't breath very well. He thought we should remove them because if he ever got sick and they swelled it would be dangerous. So, we scheduled it for the following Monday, so it could be done before the baby came.

So the week of the 15th went like this. Monday morning a friend came over to stay with Alissa and get Remi off to school. Blake and I took Broden to have his Tonsils taken out. The nurses were awesome and he did really well. He started eating and drinking as soon as he woke up. They said as soon as he could do this he would be released. So we left and drove to the base to get his prescriptions. Then we went to get Alissa. We thought Broden would be out of it for a while because of his meds, but it was actually hard to get him to lay still. The medicine made him high-per instead of drowsy. Tuesday morning I had a doctor's appointment and I knew I couldn't miss it because it was my last one and they wanted to check me to know the timing of things of Friday. I didn't want to leave Broden with a babysitter, so I took him with me. That afternoon, I took Remi to get her cast off. Then on Wednesday night Blake's mom flew in. Thursday we prepared for baby and Friday he was born. 

I have always liked doctors and hospitals, ever since I can remember. But these few weeks were a little too much of both for me. I don't mind going in for me, but I don't like taking my kids in. Luckily they have a little bit of my curiosity about the body and health and they don't mind doctors. It makes life much easier when you have to spend lots of time at the doctor. 

No comments: