Saturday, January 22, 2011

Miss Personality!

Just a few funny things about Alissa. She usually stays up later than our other kids and has mommy daddy time. She loves it because she has 100% of our attention. The other night we were getting her ready for bed and she kept saying, "up". We tried for a second to figure out what she was saying then finally it dawned on us that she wanted us to warm UP the corn bag for her. I guess she hears us say,"Should I warm it UP?" or "Want me to warm it UP?" So she shortens it and just says, "UP."

Something else she learned when Broden had his tonsils out is that he got lots of yummy things and medicine. So now if there is something like a good drink, ice cream or medicine that she wants she asks for it, then cries for it, then says,"ooowwwiiiieeeee," while holding her throat. It's pretty funny how fast they catch on to things like that.

At naptime I take her into her room and we read the same books every day. These are the 4 she always wants.
 This book is called "Eeek." When we go to the welcome center here they have a story and song time and when we sing the itsy bitsy spider at the end they say,"The itsy bitsy spider went up the spout again. Oh look there's a spider. EEEKKK!" So now she calls this book EEEK.

This book is called "Poopie." It's about a bear named poopie and biggle(piglet). When she first started asking for this book she would just say poopie. So I would say are you poopie? And check her bum, then ask her if she needed to go poopie. Then I finally figured out what she was talking about.

This book is just called "cat." She really only cares to read one page in this book. In the book Mulligan is the bookstore cat and he has a couple different jobs. On one page it says his job is, "entertaining customers." The picture is of a little kid looking in a duffel bag and there is a cat hiding in it. As soon as I hold up that book she starts saying, "hiding, cat hiding." Then when I get to that page she yells,"Hiding!!!" She thinks it is pretty funny. Then on the last page it says,"Every book store needs a bookstore cat, Don't you think?" Alissa always copies me exactly, with voice fluctuations and everything, "Don't ya think?" It's so cute.
This is her newest addition to the favorites. It's about monkeys playing drums and says things like rum tum tum tum hum tum rum tum. She just repeats the whole book then wants me to sing her a song about monkeys.

Laying her down for naps is usually a pretty fun part of the day. After books she likes me to sing songs. One song she asks for is BUM BUM. If anyone knows a song about a bum bum let me know. I usually just sing, bum bum, bum, bum, bum bummm and she is satisfied. I don't know where she got that idea from. The other one she always wants is the Sunbeam(beam) song. Then as soon as I am done with that one she starts saying temple(I love to see the temple). I love that she loves books and music so much. She also loves to sing. Whenever we are singing in church or here at home she will get out  book and "sing" along. I love it.

No comments: