Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The little things

We have been enjoying the last week without any big trips. Remi and Broden started soccer the week before we went to the temple and Blake is their coach, so that is every Monday and Wednesday. So far they have had 2 games and they have done awesome. Remi scored a goal in the first game and Broden scored in the 2nd game, this week. Broden was dribbling down the court all by himself and he almost dribbled to the left past the goal, but he shot with his left foot and it went in the goal, it was a pretty sweet shot!

Other than that, Remi and Broden have school and piano and Alissa has school. I have started being pretty strict with the kids with homework, piano and chores and I'm already seeing the results. The last 2 days they have done everything I asked them, without any fits. Their friends were even here yesterday and they still did what they were supposed to, before they played. I was so proud of them.

There have been a few things in the last couple weeks that made me think I need to enjoy the little things in life. I need to enjoy the time I get to spend with Parker, when Alissa is at school, and the time I get with Alissa when Parker is sleeping. So I have done little activities, or just played with them and had tons of fun.

Parker LOVES playing with balloons. He will get a balloon and blow and blow for hours. It is pretty cute. He has started saying things when it blows out of his mouth. He will laugh and laugh and say,"Funny," or "Silly." I love it. He also likes to play with our stacking cups. He will carry them around and unstack them, then work hard until he gets them all stacked up again so he can carry them someplace else and repeat the same thing.

Alissa still loves her sweets! We enjoy making things like pumpkin bread, banana bread, cookies and anything else sweet. She also always asks for cookies and candy all the time. One day we enjoyed some Oreos and milk when we were the only ones awake. She thought this was a huge treat, probably because I actually let her have them(she didn't have to sneak them) and I sat down and ate some with her.





Her and Parker have so much fun playing together too. They are playing right now under our table and having a blast. Alissa is talking to him and occasionally she will say something with a British accent, which I have noticed in the last few days. She is already picking it up from school. Pretty cute.

I joke a lot about med going "TDY" in the military and that women should get to go TDY someday too. I know they work while they are there, but they get good food, stay for free, usually in nice places, have tons of fun and it seems kinda like a break for them. Well, on Saturday there was a Stake Relief Society activity that has been on the calendar for months. I was getting ready to go and it hit me, this is my TDY! No, it wasn't over night, but it was a Mommy TDY! Blake had the kiddos for the day and they mowed our lawn(after picking up all the garbage, toys and other junk that had accumulated out there), then the neighbors yard, then he took them to the park and they all had a blast together. For my TDY I got just the break I needed. We learned about how to be better moms, then we did a service project of wrapping Christmas presents, followed by learning how to dance and a yummy lunch. I had fun at the activity and especially had fun with the company. It was a fun little break and I even fell asleep on the couch when I got home and Blake took the kids out for a walk so I could sleep. That night we had fun together eating and playing games. I'm glad I went. I love my family!

No comments: