Sunday, September 9, 2012

Boating the Broads

Saturday morning we headed over to Wroxham to boat the Broads. They are like canals that go all over and you can rent these boats to drive all over. We rented a boat with some friends from our ward and enjoyed cruising around.
Parker ready to go!
Alissa, Broden and Remi
 Blake thought it would be fun to snorkel, so I took the wheel and he jumped in! The water was freezing, so he lasted about 10 seconds before he swam back to the boat. It wasn't too deep and he could touch, which was probably a good thing because I think the cold water took his breath away.
Blake frozen
 Our friends brought their raft, so we blew it up and tied it on back. Blake tried it out with Alissa and she loved it! Then we had Remi, Shaylee and Rylinn try it. They liked it at first, then some water got in it and they all panicked. Remi was screaming and crying saying we're sinking, MOM we are going to sink. I thought it was pretty funny, but they sure didn't. We stopped and pulled them in and they were terrified. I guess when you are out of reach of your parents, being pulled by a boat in deep water it would be pretty scary. I knew they were safe, but they sure didn't feel safe. They did get in the raft again later, but not being pulled by the boat.
Alissa and Blake
After the girls got out Blake and Parker went for a ride. Parker thought it was great!
Parker and Blake
 We found a place to dock the boat and then walked to a little swimming area. The kids(and dads) had fun swimming, splashing and catching fish!
Remi
Alissa
Blake splashing Parker


Parker would walk over to Blake and splash him. Then Blake would start to splash him back and he would run away laughing and screaming. it was too cute.
Broden, Parker, Remi, Shaylee and Alissa checking out all the things they caught with a girl who was helping them.

We had a fun time boating the broads. I even impressed Blake with my boat driving skills. There aren't many things I know how to do that Blake doesn't, but I guess he had never driven a boat until yesterday  so I learned I knew how to do something he didn't. It isn't too hard and he didn't have a problem with it.  I'm so happy the weather is still so nice. We are trying to enjoy every day of nice weather we are having!

















No comments: