Sunday, September 9, 2012

Announcing #...........

A couple weeks ago when my back was hurting we sat the kids down for family home evening and told them we were going to have another baby. They were SOOOOOO excited!!! Our friends They had already been so much help with my back, but they all started talking about all the things they would do for me. It went kind of like this, I would stay in bed and Remi and Broden would bring me breakfast in bed. Remi would get Parker up and her and Broden would take care of Alissa and Parker and do their piano and reading and Dad would go grocery shopping. It was so cute. The next morning I had something going on, so I actually got out of bed before the kids. When they came downstairs they were playing and I got them breakfast. I asked about them helping and they said I got out of bed, so they didn't need to. It was too funny. I guess I should have just stayed in bed:)

The kids and Blake have been so good to me though. I was only 6 weeks along when I hurt my back and we had our home teacher come over and him and Blake gave me a blessing. I was told I would be able to accomplish what I needed to during the day. I guess what I needed to accomplish in my mind was different than what Heavenly Father thought were needs. Between being pregnant and kinda sick and not being able to move much because of my back the kids were on their own a lot. I think their "needs" were met. They were fed and we watched lots of movies and read books together. Other than that they played and took care of each other. They were great.

After about 3 weeks my back felt tons better and we started telling people we were expecting too. Now life has kinda returned to normal. I fell better, other than a little nausea occasionally and being tired. The kids are in school again and about to start indoor soccer with Blake as their coach, we have played softball and tennis and are planning to play volleyball this week too! It is so nice to be active again. I even started running again last week and it feels so good. I feel free! My body was so sore the first few times I exercised because I haven't done anything but lay on the couch and bed for 3 weeks. I keep thinking now how grateful I am for my health. I have thought that before, but I haven't ever really had something happen to me where I couldn't exercise or take care of my family. The only other time I wasn't able to take care of Remi when she was a baby and the 5 kids I was nannying for I called my dad and he took care of us.

It has been so nice here in England though. We have a great ward family and although many of the women didn't know I was hurting, or pregnant they still were there for me. We would still make it to play group and different activities and I would just kinda lay there, but it was nice to let the kids play and to chat with the other women. I'm so glad we have made friends here. It was really hard the first 6 months, feeling like we didn't really have friends, but a combination of things led us to really feel like we have great friends. I always love visiting teaching, because it gets me outside my comfort zone and I make friends I may not have made other wise. We also have played sports with different people and invited people to do things and that has created friendships too. I have also made friends through my calling. The women I serve with are amazing and I know most people don't love meetings, but I do. I love spending time with them and trying to know how to serve the primary children better.

Well this was a little random about more than baby #5, but I felt like I should write these things. We are excited for baby #5 and I think it is so fun now that Remi and Broden are a little older and even Alissa. They are really excited and are always talking about the baby and even talking to the baby. Remi is always sure to give Alissa and Parker a hug and kiss before school and now she does that to my tummy too. Broden loves to kiss my tummy and tell everyone we are having another baby. The other day when I went to the doctor and when we were crossing the street a car stopped to let us cross. Broden said that he probably stopped because my tummy is getting bigger and he thought I was having another baby. It was too funny. They love seeing how big the baby is compared to different fruits and what it looks like and what it is doing. I love that they are so excited. It is going to be so nice that they will be so helpful. Parker even will be "helpful." There have been about 8 babies born in our ward this summer and he loves all of them and loves to help. He pushes their swings, says sssshhhhhhhh rocks their car seats and tries to tickle them. Some of it isn't as helpful as he is trying to be, but he is cute and will hopefully learn how to treat babies before we have our own. All our other kids had a sibling before they were Parker's age, so they knew about babies. He is just learning and it is so fun to watch.

1 comment:

OurNotebook said...

A huge congrats on the new arrival. Lots of love and hope all is well:)