Friday, June 24, 2011

England Stuff

I just want to share a little bit about what is going on here. We madly preparing to move to England! Many people ask, "Doesn't the Air Force Move you?"

Hahahaha.....Yes, I guess they do. A moving company physically comes to our house and puts everything into boxes and takes the boxes where they are supposed to go.

In the mean time we
-Get medical exams and clearance
-Meet with a mental health doctor to get the final ok for the family
-Get TB shots for everyone
-get passport pictures for everyone at Walgreens
-apply for Passports(wrong ones)
-get new passport pictures on base
-apply for No fee passports at passport office on base
-Get on waiting list for housing in England at housing office here
-Submit our date we want to leave
-submit the date we want to ship our car
- Organize household items into what we want stored here in Nebraska and what we want shipped to      
England
-Decide what we want to store in Idaho
-Buy a car big enough to take our stuff to Idaho and convenient for traveling
-Sell altima
-transfer title and get notorized
-sell big car(Mountaineer)
-cancel insurance on Altima
-Get insurance on new car
-get new title and register new car
-cancel altima registration
-sell and give away what we don't need
-Figure out what we need to have for 2 months when we won't have anything
-get another copy of pictures for visas(on base)
-fill out visa applications for me and 4 kids(I feel bad for missionary moms! TONS of hard work for these and no help from passport office on base)
-submit dates for storage pick up
-submit dates for england pick up
-weigh car empty
-weigh car with Idaho stuff
Well that's all I can think of right now. This doesn't include all Blake's personal out processing stuff. If we weren't moving to another country I think I would have opted to do it ourselves:) It will be nice to be done with it all. The kids are being troopers while mom and dad are so busy. They are so good at taking care of eachother. Remi fixed lunch for them today and they went outside and had a picnic on our picnic blanket under umbrellas. It was so cute.

This morning Remi said something so cute. She was telling me how one of her friends held a spider. She said,"Mom, my friend held a spider in her hand. It was a scary spider, it wasn't even a daddy long leg, OR a mommy long leg." I guess not there are mommy long legs!

3 comments:

Pitcherfam4 said...

Hey- I am one of Casey's friends and I noticed the title of your post said England. We just moved to England April of 2010 with the air force. What a major headache. I completely sympathize with all the crazy things that have to happen to do a PSC of this size. I hope everything goes smoother for you. Are you actually in England yet? What base are you going to be stationed at? Shalyce

Pitcherfam4 said...

sorry, just reread that you weren't yet in England.

OurNotebook said...

I hope this works, been trying to leave a comment for while. I sent you a LONG email about England. I hope it proves helpful. Let me know. Hope all is well. Lots of love!