Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mother's Day






I had a wonderful Mother's Day. Blake and Broden brought me Breakfast in bed. One of my family's favorites is Waffles and ice cream with strawberries. But, our waffle iron broke a few weeks ago, so Blake brought me pancakes with ice cream and raspberries. It was DELICIOUS! Then because Remi and Alissa were still sleeping, Blake took them Breakfast in bed too.

All the kiddos wanted me to open my presents before church, so when they were all ready I opened my presents. Blake took the kids to Bed Bath and Beyond to pick out my gifts and they did awesome! I got bread pans and a salad spinner. Also 2 bottles of smelly soap.

Church was great! I even got to listen during sacrament meeting. I spent most of Sunday School in the halls, then taught Relief Society. The lesson was teaching the Doctrine of the Family. It was a good lesson. I never really know how I do teaching, but I enjoyed teaching this lesson. It talked a lot about how important it is to teach our children that the most important part of the gospel is Family. It is the whole point of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to be Eternal Families.

After church we relaxed, made homemade ice cream, ate yummy grilled chicken sandwiches, went for a walk, then had friends over to eat the ice cream. After ice cream we played tag. It was such a nice relaxing family day.

No comments: