Monday, April 4, 2011

New Baby

This will be short because I don't have much time, but I wanted everyone to know. Last week Blake and I had the opportunity to fly out to Utah for the birth of Garrett(Blake's brother) and Kaydi's baby. He was born on Thursday and has a Diaphragmatic Hernia. You can read more about everything that happened here. My amazing mom and niece were kind enough to stay with the kids while we were gone.

We knew baby Gibson was going to have health problems when he was born. Kaydi and Garrett found out at their 20 week ultrasound. I have been amazed by them ever since(Well I was before too). They have been so strong for each other and they are so close. It is hard to describe their relationship from my point of view, but I'll try. They seem so young to me:), but yet so mature. They still know how to laugh and have fun, and flirt with each other, but as they have gone through this huge trial they have become so mature. Their faith is so strong and many times throughout the weekend as so many family members were there to comfort them, they ended up comforting us instead. They are amazing. It was definitely a testimony building weekend as we united in support and prayers for Kaydi, Garrett and Gibson.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who made our trip possible. Everyone really came together to help us be there with Kaydi and Garrett. My dad stayed with my Grandpa, so my mom could come, Blake's parents helped out with a car so we would have a way around all weekend, my brothers helped babysit Parker so we could be with Kaydi and Garrett(he wasn't aloud in the room), they also watched him so we could go to conference, Blake's grandma fed us, there were so many people who made it possible. Thank you so much.

No comments: