Saturday, April 16, 2011

And We're Headed to.....

We got our new assignment and we will be moving to Lakenheath Air Force Base in England!!! We are so excited. Overwhelmed, but excited. Our list was:

1. Tucson, Arizona
2. Upwood, England
3. Lakenheath, England
4. Spang-bitburg, Germany
5. Ramstein, Germany
6.Kadena, Japan
7. Tyndall, Florida

I have wanted to go foreign the whole time, but Blake was nervous. I was really fine going almost anywhere that doesn't snow! My brother served his mission in England and I think it will be so fun to tour over there and be able to travel to Germany, Spain and wherever else we want in Europe for relatively cheap! I also think our kids will have a great experience. We asked them where they wanted to go. We said by Grandma and Grandpa(Arizona),  the beach(Florida, or Castles and Princesses(England). They voted for castles and princesses. So when we found out yesterday I wanted to wait until we were at dinner to tell them. It was Remi's birthday yesterday and we found out also that our neighbors across the street will be going to England too. Remi and Broden are best friends with their kids, so they were really sad about leaving them. So I made a card for Remi that had a picture of her and Avery at the park by our house here in Omaha. Then it had a picture of them in front of a castle with a princess. We gave Remi the card(Ingersoll's were with us) and I explained it to Remi. Her and Avery were so cute! They screamed and hugged and were jumping up and down. I think they talked about living by castles and princesses the rest of the night.

1 comment:

Tera said...

Holy COW that is amazing!! We are so excited for you all! Sorry to see you go so far away, but the experience will be incredible! Keep up the posts when you go abroad!