Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Remi

Last week Remi came home from school and told me to go upstairs because she was going to do a prise(Surprise) for me. I came upstairs and she cleaned the WHOLE basement, which is the toy room. It gets really messy and she cleaned it up all by herself. Then I was in her room changing Parker's diaper and she asked me to leave so she could do a prise in her room. I left and she cleaned her whole room. She was so happy and excited to show me what she had done. Usually it is hard to get her to clean up the messes they make, but this one day she was so happy to do it. I wonder how I can get her to have a desire to "Prise" me every day.

Remi continues to love school. Yesterday I asked her about her day and she said they have a new girl. I asked her name and Remi said it is Angel cake. Hmmmm....... Do they really have a new girl? So then I asked about her. Remi said she has brown hair and was wearing a gold shirt. Maybe Remi just got the name wrong. Maybe her name is Kate and the teacher called her Angel Kate or something like that. It is funny to me that Remi has been going to school for 5 months and still can't tell me the names of kids in her class. She mostly talks about James. She tells me they are going to get married. She even told me that she gave him a kiss. I started to panic, but hid it pretty well. Then she said,"like this" and blew a kiss:) That was a relief. I tried to tell her you only kiss people you love and she said she does love James. I said well you only kiss people you have known for a long time and you love and want to marry. She insists that she has known James a long time and she loves him and is going to marry him. SHE IS 5! I hope she isn't already starting her boy craziness. I would prefer her to just be friends with the boys.

Almost ever day after school Remi comes home with a treat for being good. Her teacher always writes comments or notes in emails or report cards about how good of a listener Remi is and how she is good at helping. They have a system where if they do something wrong they get their card flipped. Remi likes to tell me she has never had her card flipped, or had to walk the wall at recess. I think it is funny that they have them walk the wall. I remember when I was in elementary school if we got in trouble we had to sit on the wall and couldn't play. That probably caused more problems because we couldn't get our wiggles out and then had to go sit in the class room. If they have to walk the wall at least they are getting some energy out. Maybe they should have them run laps around the play ground. Then they won't have any energy to be bad:) Anyway, I love hearing about Remi's days in school and am so proud of what she is learning and that she is such a good student.

No comments: