Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ice skating




On New Year's Day an ice rink here had a special for family night. We paid $12 dollars and it was entrance, skates, popcorn and a drink for 5 people. We had so much fun! We went with a couple other families from our ward and the kids loved it. It was nice that they had the metal things to hold on to. I would say that it does kind of hinder them from learning to skate though. They just depend on that and don't learn to do it themselves. Next time I think I'll try to get them to do it without the metal thing. I got them to each try it without it for a little while and they actually did pretty well. It is kind of funny/sad that when they start to get scared they panic and their feet start to go like 100 miles an hour even though they aren't going anywhere, then they loose their balance and fall. If they would calm down instead of panic they could regain their balance every time. Just funny to watch. I was surprised at how well they did. We will probably do this again if they have another family night that isn't a Sunday.

Blake and Parker were there too. Blake and I traded hanging out in the lounge area with Parker and Alissa(she only lasted 15 minutes on the ice). I guess I didn't take any pictures of him skating. He was there though and he enjoyed it more than he thought he would:)

No comments: