Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blessing Day

This is about how blessing day went!

We have always liked blessing our babies in our home ward, where our records are. So we decided to bless Parker the first Sunday of the year. I tried to get everything ready on Saturday because our church was changing to 9:00am instead of 1:00pm. This would be a huge adjustment. So Sunday morning came and the alarm clock went off at 6:30. I was sooo tired, so I told Blake to turn it off and set the alarm on my phone. Next think I know I wake up and it is 8:15. I jump out of bed to get ready and we all run around like crazy trying to get everyone ready. At 8:55 we are trying to decide if we should go ahead and bless him or do it the next week. Big dilemma, we were kinda late to bless him that day, but weren't early enough to tell the bishopric that. They were planning on it. I didn't know what to dress Parker in because I didn't want him in his outfit if we weren't blessing him and didn't want them to announce we were blessing him and not have him in his outfit. So I just said, let's do it. So we dressed him in his blessing outfit and got everyone in the car and to the church.(luckily we only live 2 blocks from church). We walked in as the counselor in the bishopric was saying,"I guess, that's all the ward business...(pause). So we'll do the stake business now." Great! I peeked my head into the chapel and he saw me, so I nodded to him. We all went and sat down and after the stake business Brother Roblyer got back up and said we will actually be having another baby blessing. Blake took Parker up and game him a beautiful blessing. I was worried that after a frantic morning he wouldn't be able to feel the spirit very well, but as usual he did an amazing job. His testimony and spirituality are some of the biggest reasons I married him. After the blessing I went to the bathroom with Remi to blow her nose and my 2nd cousin Shana walked in. She had come up for the blessing! Her and her daughter Lauren came for lunch and we had fun visiting. I hadn't seen her for like 10 years. She lives in Lincoln, so we are only like 45 minutes away.

At the end of church when we went to get our kids from their primary classes I got a slip of paper asking if Remi and Broden could be the reverence children the next week. Our ward has 2 kids from primary go up by the pulpit 10 minutes before sacrament meeting starts and fold their arms to remind everyone to be reverent. I laughed and decided it was their way of helping us be on time the next week:) Then later that week Blake got asked to speak in church too. So the next Sunday we were 15 minutes early. It was much more relaxing to get there early.

No comments: