Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Crazy Monday

So yesterday was a crazy day. Alissa got up at like 5:00am so I brought her into our bed and she fell back to sleep on Blake's chest. When we all finally got up we took one look at her and knew she had pink eye. Both eyes were glued shut with nasty green goop. Luckily we had some leftover eye drops from the last round of pink eye. I was going to go to "boot camp" at the gym, but couldn't take the kids to the gym with Alissa's eyes like that. So I hurried and went running, coming in the door just as Blake was leaving. He said,"Keep your phone by you I need to talk to you while I drive."
He called me a few minutes later and we were discussing our upcoming temple trip and babysitters. Then I could hear his car beeping like he was getting out of it. He said," Hold on something just happened to the car, I'll call you back."
Then a few minutes later our realtor called and told me we had an offer on our house. She was going over the details with me while Broden was also trying to talk to me. And when Broden is trying to talk to you he has to have 100% undivided attention, You have to look at him the whole time and nod your head and repeat everything he says, or he throws a fit. So I didn't hear everything the realtor said, but I was super excited about the offer.
I got off the phone with the realtor and our home phone rang. I picked it up and it was Blake. He said all the doors in the car were locking and unlocking, the lights were flashing so he pulled over. He got out to see what was up and the door locked behind him. So he is halfway to school, locked out of his car with it running and his phone inside. He used the car wash's phone and called me. So I tried to find our spare key and couldn't find it anywhere! He ended up calling the police to come unlock it for him. Then he came home and we washed off the battery pack and it has been fine since then.
After he left for school things were simi normal for most of the day. We got an email with the offer in it so I could read the details, as much as I could understand. I talked to the bank and got a Roth IRA set up and discussed life insurance stuff. Then we got another email saying Blake needed to get in some paperwork to the Air Force as soon as possible, or he would be in trouble pretty much. So as soon as he got home from school he started working on paperwork while I was doing dinner.
Dinner was crazy by itself! I was going to make fish and Blake wanted crepes. So I started making crepes. Blake got me a recipe box for Christmas so I could organize all my recipes that were just thrown into a cupboard. So I mixed the crepes and got out 2 of our frying pans. I poured the batter in and then tried to flip them and the just were mush. So I got out our pancake griddle, thinking the frying pans just were too old and scratched. Same thing happened on the pancake griddle. In the middle of this the realtor is calling to see if we got the other papers she sent us about how much we will get out of the sale. We hadn't gotten it, I thought. But then found it in junk mail. So I called her back and told her that.
Then I tried getting ahold of my sister to get the crepe recipe again, apparently I must have written it down wrong. I got ahold of her, but she wasn't home, so she gave me her husband's number because he has it memorized. He gives me the recipe- 1/2 a cup flour is WAY different than 2 cups flour! So I dump the old batter an mushy crepes and start over. FINALLY it works. So after an hour and a half of making dinner while talking to people we sit down to eat. The realtor calls to see what we think of the offer. We haven't had a chance to look at it yet. We eat dinner, have a quick FHE and it is 7:30 by this time. So I take Remi and Broden upstairs to lay by them and my phone rings again, realtor wondeing what we think so she can come sign papers with us and get moving on the offer. We still haven't looked at it so I say I'll call her in 10 minutes.
Meanwhile Blake is on the phone getting help with the Air Force paperwork. I lay by the kids for a few minutes(they are SO highper) Then I left them saying they need to go to sleep. I went downstairs and could hear them jumping around and laughing. Blake and I look at the offer and decide we have to accept even though it in't ideal. We aren't getting up as much as we hoped and the move out date is April 27th, graduation isn't until May 16th.
So anyway, the realtor comes, we sign paperwork and discuss moving options a little bit. She is going to check and see if we can change the move out date. After she leaves we bring Remi and Broden down stairs and let them watch a movie while we talk about what all we need to do. Finally at 10:00 they are tired, so we put them to bed then eventually made it to bed too. And after all of that, neither Blake or I could sleep. Eventually we fell asleep though and today so far seems pretty normal:)

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Congrats on the house guys. that is so exciting!! What a huge relief! I got tired just reading about your day. I hope today is more relaxing for you!

Tera said...

HOLY CRAZY DAY BATMAN!! I am impressed you didn't just go back to bed. I totally would have. Congrats on selling the house. Sorry about it not being ideal, but is it better then having a summer home in CLEVELAND??? That was our deciding factor when we sold. And we totally missed out graduation because we moved to Idaho, then Omaha. Good luck!

Blake Jones said...

Tera- I didn't write about the part where I went back to bed. I did take a little nap somewhere in there. None of the kids did though:)

Jones Family said...

You guys sound busy but it also sounds like you have all your ducks in a row!