Monday, November 9, 2009

Finally!!!

We have been patiently waiting to find out where the Air Force will be sending us. Blake kept telling me we wouldn't find out until December, but I still had high hopes it would be sooner. So last Thursday I was out and about with the kiddos and when I got home there was a message blinking on the answering machine. I pushed the play button and this is what I heard,
"This message is for Blake. This is Anne with the Air Force, I was calling to let you know you were accepted into the AEGD program and the baseyou will be stationed at is Offutt in Nebraska. This was your first pick, so congratulations."

I couldn't believe she just left the message on the answering machine. I felt bad that I found out before Blake. I just figured they would send a letter and we could open it together. But we are excited to know where we are going. Our friends who were seniors when we were freshmen went there and went through the same program, so we know it is an awesome program. My best friend from high school also lives there and I have a cousin 45 minutes away. We also have a family in our ward that just moved here from Omaha. There is also another dental family we know, going to the same base! So we have some connections and are excited to make new friends and see new places.

We don't know exactly when we will move. Blake graduates in the middle of May, then we will be in limbo until August 4th, which is his report date. A lot of what we do will depend on if our home has sold or not. We really want it to sell sooner than later, but we shall see. So we could be in Ohio, Idaho, Arizona, or Nebraska next summer. Only time will tell:)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

AWESOME! SO exciting! If you move to Idaho would it be IF? If so, we could hang out a time or two over the summer.....
This is great, CONGRATS!

Lauren said...

I am so excited Jenny! Everyone seems to love Omaha. We'll have to trade notes on what we find out about good schools and places to live and stuff. it should be fun. Congrats!

Tera said...

We are excited for you guys! Call if you have any questions!! Congratulations!!

Tornado Alley said...

Congratulations! Its always great to get your first pick.
Hey, Omaha is only 3 hours away from KC! Maybe we could catch up sometime b/c Alex and Remi were babies when we last hung out. Its been awhile!~ :)
Take care and we wish you the best!
Enrique, Danielle and family

OurNotebook said...

Hey there Jenny!!! It was real good to hear from you! I cannot believe how big everyone has gotten. You are as gorgeous as you were back in the day! Please send my best wishes and love to everyone. Fill free to email me whenever you can spbb12@hotmail.com. Nothing new here, just waiting for baby to come and Jason and I will be sealed in two weeks in the Nauvoo temple. We are super excited!!! Take care and email when you can!

Eden said...

YEAH!!! I can't believe you are moving to Nebraska. We love it here. The Omaha area is really nice and I have heard they have a great school system. We drive through it on our way to Iowa or to go to the Temple. There is an amazing Zoo, but we have yet to make it. I have been told it is worth it to get a season pass. We will definiately have to get together and do a few things, ie shopping, Zoo, temple, and maybe a few county fairs.

Eden