Saturday, August 24, 2013

Summer Breakfast

During the school year I don't let my kids eat cereal for breakfast. I feel like they are starving just an hour later. So I try to make them healthier breakfasts. They think it is a treat to have cereal. I wasn't looking forward to them wanting cereal every morning, so I decided to let them take turns making breakfast in the mornings. I will let them look at pictures on Pinterest and decide what they want to make and we will make it together. They do the sides, set the table get everyone's water bottles and bless the food. THEY LOVE IT!!!! I don't think I have seen them so excited to help. Every one of them loves taking their turn. We usually don't eat until 9 or 9:30, so its a good think we have long lazy summer days:)

Here are some of our breakfasts.


Amazing Orange muffins with oranges and bacon

Chocolate pancakes with strawberries

Everyone enjoying Alissa's chocolate pancakes(Remi doesn't like chocolate, so Alissa made her a white one)

Chocolate muffin with pineapple and bacon

Raspberry buttermilk cake. We were babysitting 3 extra kiddos this morning, so we did paper plates.

Broden introduced our guests to crepes. They were good sports to try new foods:)
I love making things with my kiddos! I love it even more when they get so excited to do it. It really is the highlight of their morning. While I am helping with breakfast Remi and Broden do their piano, reading and write in their journals. Blake challenged them to write every day in their journals for the whole summer. So far they are doing great! They don't necessarily write every day, but they write about every day. Remi is getting to be a good writer. She writes in joined up writing, or cursive. She will usually write at least 2 pages per day and she is learning to make it descriptive and interesting. Broden is getting faster at writing. He is getting good at spelling the words he uses a lot too like breakfast, chores and dressed. We are working on finding new words besides and then, and then and then. He is starting to get the hang of it. I can't believe that if we were in the states he would have just finished kindergarden. There is no way Remi would have been writing full sentences in a journal describing her day. We love the schools here and are so proud of Remi and Broden and so excited for Alissa to start soon!
leftover muffins with parfaits.

Lemon poppyseed muffins, blueberries and eggs. The muffins were amazing!

Strawberry toaster stroodles, sausage and applesauce

Home made pastries with Strawberry, nutella and cinnamon and sugar filling. excuse the face paint from the birthday party the day before.

Donut muffin and eggs

No comments: