Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Birthday Party

One of Remi's friends invited her to a birthday party. It was even on a Monday, so Remi could go. Most parties are on Sundays, so she doesn't get to go, so she was so excited. She talked about it all day and was so torn about what gift to get her. She tried on a few different outfits too and wanted her hair just right. Finally at 3:30 I dropped her off.

I was a little nervous. She hasn't been to very many people's houses that we don't know really well and know what their standards are. Blake and I were just talking the other day about how we need to trust that we have taught our children the correct principles and let them go to people's houses, trusting that they will choose the right.

Well, when I came to get Remi she came running out of the house with the birthday girl(Katie) and Avery. They all had their faces painted and Katie and Avery  had their hair colored hot pink. I told Remi how I liked her face paint, then asked, "Did you not want to color your hair?"

Avery said, "She didn't know if she was allowed to." I looked at Remi and she nodded. She wasn't sure if she was allowed to and didn't want to get in trouble. 

WOW, I was so proud of her. There were a lot of girls there and some of them were older girls and all of them had their hair colored pink. Remi was the only one who didn't do it. She was willing to say no to all of them because she didn't know if she was allowed to do it. I was one happy mom. I gave her a huge hug and asked her if she wanted to. She looked at me and said, "Really?" 

I said, "Yes. You can do it now. Thank you so much for not doing it when you weren't sure."

I told Blake about it when he got home and he was just as proud. It is so nice to see our kids choosing the right!!!

No comments: