Monday, June 17, 2013

Celebrations and more celebrations!!!

May is our month of celebrations!!! Blake of course didn't really want anything for his birthday. So we just kept it low key. He wanted some oatmeal chocolate bars a few days before his birthday and said it was his birthday cake. So we put a candle in the last piece and sang to him before it was all gone. I thought it would be fun to go on a date, just us for his birthday. So we traded babysitting with another couple in the ward and we headed out. First we stopped at Popeye's chicken and grabbed some food and took it to the bird refuge by our house. We ate dinner, then walked around the refuge looking at different birds. We had Kelsi with us and she slept the whole time. We saw a few birds and Blake told me all about them. Nothing new for him though. We did get to see a barn owl flying back and forth. They are so peaceful when they fly. It was fun to just relax together and talk.

After the refuge we went back to where the kids were and played games until almost midnight. Then headed home.




Sunday morning I woke up to breakfast it bed! They brought me waffles, ice-cream and berries on top. It was delicious. They also gave me some new shoes. Sparkle shoes! Remi and Alissa were so excited that I now have sparkle shoes like them. They have just the right amount of sparkle for me. Blake did great picking them out! I think Remi probably helped:)

I think the kids enjoy breakfast in bed as much as we do:)
Monday was my birthday and I woke up really grouchy. The kitchen was still a mess from dinner the night before and so was the house. I didn't think I should have to clean on my birthday, so I was just going to leave it. Then I decided that I better clean it or I would be in a bad mood all day. I don't like relaxing in a messy house. So I started doing the dishes. It changed my attitude. I realized that I like being a home maker. I wanted to do the dishes and make my house look nice. I wanted to make dinner and a cake. I did these things because that is what I like doing. So I went and played tennis with my friends then came home and made dinner the way I wanted it and my cake the way I wanted it and I loved every minute of it! When Blake got home from work I told him I wanted to have people over for my birthday. I was all ready to call them and he said he would call. I think he knows I don't like calling people. So he invited all my friends over and we enjoyed eating cake and ice cream and visiting. It was We had Hatch's, Ingersolls, Christensens, and Sjostroms. It was a great birthday and I loved knowing that I can do what I want on my birthday, even if it is the same thing I do all the other days.

Blake and the kids got me a new camera case for my birthday. It is perfect! Our old one was falling apart. I also got a thing of suckers made into a bouquet that said "30 Sucks!" My young:) friends brought this to me. I don't really feel different being 30, but I think they get a kick out of me being 30 when they are still so young.


Yes, I feel comfortable enough around my friends to hang out in my workout clothes without much make-up. I know they don't care. 


Whitney Rob and Emery

Andi and Jacee

Parker with his pants on backwards
Our anniversary was pretty uneventful. We watched Emery for the Christensen's while they were in London and just had a relaxing evening.
Parker being all boy playing with a snail.


Kelsi sticking out her tongue



 On Mother's Day we attempted family pictures to send to our moms. We were going to do it earlier in the week, but the weather wasn't cooperating. We snuck them in Sunday morning before church and more rain.



No comments: