Saturday, February 23, 2013

Girls Day and Boys day

Remi, Broden and Alissa had this week off from school, so Monday we decided to do a girls day out for me and the girls and the boys would do whatever Broden wanted to do. The girls' plan was to go to Cambridge and have lunch, then get Remi's ears pierced and look for a baptism dress. We had tons of fun together, but we are going to go back again in 2 weeks to "finish" the ear piercing. They had 2 ladies do it at once and one of the guns didn't pierce her ear all the way. It bled a little so they have to wait 2 weeks for it to heal to try again. Kinda sad, but at least we are getting it all for free. It would have been 28 pounds but now we are paying nothing!

After lunch and ears we went shopping to TKMax for a baptism dress. We found one she loved and also an easter dress for Alissa. Usually I don't do the fancy dress thing, but since Easter, Baptism and baby blessing will all be within a few weeks of eachother I figure they will get a lot of use, instead of just once. 
Girls all ready for our date
The boys decided to go for a bike ride and do some geocaching. Then they went shopping for some yummy food and put Parker down for a nap. While he slept Blake and Broden enjoyed learning some new games on the IPAD. Broden was in heaven:)


 That night we grilled some burgers and cooked some fries. Then we watched a movie and had smoothies and popcorn. It all sounded so good, but the fries didn't taste right, the burgers weren't grand and the smoothie was just ok. The popcorn was good and we had fun together watching a movie. The next morning when I was cleaning the kitchen I discovered why the smoothies were just ok. Blake had gotten a smoothie mix to use. I followed the directions adding the oranges, ice and milk, but forgot to add the smoothie packet. We tried again that night and they were so much better!


We have enjoyed the kids week off of school. We have played with friends, had sleepovers, game nights as a family, game nights with friends, playing outside and just being together. Today Remi, Broden and Alissa had fun taking pictures of me for everyone wanting to see my big belly. I don't love taking pictures of myself or posting them where everyone can see them(facebook) so I guess I will just do it here. Then they will at least be in our family records. Not that I mind getting my picture taken or being in pictures with the kids, I just don't like doing the try and pose in front of a mirror and take my own picture. I didn't want to ask Blake to either, but the kids were more than willing to play photographers. Remi even told me how to stand and what to do.
By Broden

By Alissa

By Remi

By Remi

By Remi
For Valentines day we used some of the leftover pencils from the primary birthday gifts and made little hearts that said things like "You're Sharp", or "Write on" then we stuck the pencil through the heart. They passed them out at school for Valentines day. For breakfast we had pink pancakes shaped as hearts with applesauce and raspberries on top. Blake joined Remi and Broden for lunch and took Remi a rose. She was so embarrassed. The kids and I gave Blake's car a heart attack and they had so much fun doing it. We got him slippers too. Blake wen to the store the night before and got some yummy chocolates for all of us. Then the next night we went on a date with some other couples in the ward and did a progressive dinner. It was a fun evening after a long week!

The week before we left on our trip to Budapest I got a little sick. It got worse and I wasn't breathing very well one night in Budapest. Then a week after we got home I hit a wall. I was in bed for 3 days and even missed church. I haven't missed church in over 8 years for me being sick. I have been to other wards when traveling and been home with sick kids, but never me that sick. It was miserable. Tuesday I went to the ER to see if they would give me anything and they didn't. I had a Dr. appt. on Tuesday and she was amazing. It was actually a midwife, but she felt so bad for me and could tell how miserable I was. She was going to have me wait a week then email her if I still was sick and she would call in an antibiotic  but decided to just give me a prescription that day. She even gave me the kind I wanted that cleared up Blake's sinus infection in 2 days. So she gave me a z-pac, cough medicine with codine so I could sleep and some sudafed for congestion. I felt so much better the next day and by day 2 I was almost back to normal. Just a little cough. My doctor even emailed me and said she called in a prescription for an inhaler just in case I was having a hard time breathing. I didn't have to go get it ever, but was so grateful that she cared. Because the week started out like this Valentine's Day wasn't quite as grand as I had hoped. I didn't even get pictures of the cute banner the kids and I made. Oh well, next year.

Remi and her valentine's



Pancakes and chocolate

Everyone's breakfast and chocolates


Broden's Valentine's
The Sunday after Valentine's Day was actually sunny and felt warm outside. I think it may have gotten to 46. The kids decided they should have a picnic. They packed it themselves and everything. All I did was get out juice boxes for them. It was so cute. Blake spent the morning putting Alissa's bike together. I thought I wouldn't like going back to afternoon church, but so far I really like it!
Broden, Remi, Alissa and Parker enjoying a lunch in the sun
Blake working away


No comments: