Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas day

I left my camera out for Santa to take a picture of everything before he left and this is what it looked like! The presents under the tree are all from Santa, the davis family gifts are in the window, our family gifts to eachother are behind a chair and the Jones family gifts are elsewhere. We really wanted our kids to understand which ones were from eachother and family. Instead of just thinking Santa brought everything.

When the kids woke up they had a package with pajamas sitting outside their door. So they put these on and got ready to come downstairs. Remi was SOOOO excited. So were the other kids, but I think Remi had been laying in bed awake for a while. The others were just waking up.
Remi trying to peek

Remi helping Alissa get her new jammies on and Parker watching.

Broden, Remi and Alissa ready to come downstairs. Parker was grouchy and couldn't figure out why we were all so happy so early.

He figured it out when he saw the candy in his stocking.

Broden with his new ball from Santa.

Parker's "choo choo trucks" from Santa.

Remi was so thoughtful and made Broden a little wallet and put money in it.

Broden, Blake, Parker, and I made this for Remi and Alissa

My new shoes from Santa

Remi and I made these geoboards for Broden. He loves them!

Alissa and I made these aprons for Blake and Broden, Parker got one too.
Christmas morning we woke up and did Santa presents and our family gifts to each other. Then we headed to Sandringham which is about an hour away. This is where the Queen of England spends Christmas. We got to see her drive up, get out of the car and walk to the church. Then after the church service all the kids could line up and give her flowers. It was a pretty neat experience and something special the kids can say their whole lives.




When we got home we opened more presents while we skyped first with Davis', then with Jones'. The kids were spoiled like they are every year! I keep hoping they are understanding the real meaning of Christmas and that it is about giving and receiving. We have had lots of fun with all the gifts though.




At the beginning of the year we set goals and one of my goals was to learn to play the piano. Blake told me that if I learned to play a song in the real Hymn book he would buy me a new lens for the camera. Well, when I got called as Primary President that goal went out the window. So I made a deal with Blake. If I got the blog printed into a book he would get me a new lens. Well, for Christmas without him knowing I printed the year 2008 of the blog. And, he got me a new lens. I guess we both won on that. We both love our gifts!

At this time of year we are so grateful of the many blessings we have. We both have great families and both love each other's families as our own. We are so grateful we don't have "in law" problems. We are grateful for our own children and how much fun they are. It is so fun to see them learn and grow and accomplish things. It is amazing to see their testimonies grow as they learn more about the gospel and learn to recognize the spirit. We are so grateful for the gospel in our lives and the knowledge we have of eternal families. I still remember what the sealer in the temple talked to us about on our wedding day. He talked about all the blessings we have been promised, but then made a point that all of these things are based on our faithfullness. This is so true and I know that it is only through Jesus Christ and the atonement that eternal life is possible. Life would be hopeless without this knowledge. That makes it a very Merry Christmas no matter what our circumstances, where we are or what is going on. Christ was born, he died for us and he lives again!

No comments: