Sunday, September 16, 2012

She's 4!!!!

Yesterday, September 15, 2012 we celebrated Alissa Renee Jones' 4th birthday! Everyone was up and in our bed bright and early, before 7. We played in bed for a while, then Blake took Alissa to the local grocery store to get donuts for breakfast. They even had chocolate filled donuts. We think it was especially for her birthday because we have never seen them before. So for breakfast we had chocolate and jam filled donuts and chocolate milk and Alissa even got to eat her kit kat she picked out at the store. She was in heaven with all that chocolate and sugar.

Alissa getting ready to blow out her candle

Alissa enjoying her kit kat

posing

Showing us how old she is
 When Blake and Alissa got home from getting donuts she said where is my party and my friends. I guess she remembers last year when Blake took her for a walk down to the store and when she got back we had a surprise party for her. I guess she was expecting a party on her birthday. Our kids struggle with the idea that birthday parties are different than actual birth days!

We had talked about doing a party Sunday afternoon, kinda low key with our family/friends here, but decided we could do one later that night. So, we did what we do best, last minute plans:) We spent the morning shopping, then dashed home so Blake could head to his football(soccer) match. Then me Remi and Broden put away groceries, made a cake, swept, mopped, vacuumed, ate lunch, decorated the living room, blew up balloons and decorated a cake all in 2 and a half hours. Then we headed to the park to play volleyball and let the kids play. After that we got pizza and brought it home and hung out with friends, ate pizza, had cake and ice cream and opened presents.
The tinkerbell flower cake

Alissa blowing out the candles

Everyone taking a turn to blow out the candles

Alissa opening presents

everyone watching the doll sing "peekaboo I see you"

Alissa and her bestie Alivia or "Livi"

Alissa enjoying her new bike we got her
 Near the end of her party Alissa ran out with chocolate all over her face. I took her in the kitchen and asked her what she did and she said Livi lifted her up on the counter and she was really hungry, so she took a bite of her cake. This is her smile while she was telling me this story. It was too cute!
Alissa and her messy cake face
Alissa has such a fun personality! She is a lover of chocolate and all things sweet. Some of the funny things she has done recently, are:
  • In the car she was hitting Remi with a water bottle and I told her to give it to me. She threw a big fit and was screaming,"Noooo, I tooo hungry!"
  • Any time she wants candy or a treat and I tell her no, she says, but I sooooo hungry.
  • She is so used to snacking and sneaking treats all the time, and at school she doesn't get to. I can tell she is hungry because every day I pack her half a sandwich and some fruit and yogurt. When she gets home the first thing she asks for is a peanut and butter and honey and wanwich(peanut butter and honey sandwich)
  • She attaches herself to some adults and loves them! Her sunbeam teacher and one of our good family friends is one of them, then another one is Sister Taow. We have done a few things with her on Saturdays and Alissa loves her. She calls her sister Towel and gets so excited when we see her, or ever pictures of her.
  • I have been trying to teach Alissa to spell her name for a while now and she just wasn't getting it. She couldn't even remember past A-L. So the first day of school the teacher showed her the little tag with her name on it to put on a bin to put her stuff in. She can now find that all by herself. I am starting to think she was tricking me about spelling her name. Tonight I had her spell her name for Blake and she copied me and said A-L-I then after me again S-S-A. No problems, it was like it was easy for her and she had been doing it forever. She will also point out all the m, s, and a, sounds and say mmmmmm, sssssssss, aaaaaaaaaa when she sees them. We did a few lessons in the reading book a couple months ago and she remembers. I think she doesn't want to grow up:)
We love our Alissa and all the joy she brings to our family!


No comments: