Thursday, May 28, 2009

Birthdays, Anniversary and Mother's Day

Blake's cake. The kids put the candles in all by themselves.













Blake looking a little green on his birthday.















The kids helping open presents.

My peppermint patty cake.

May is our big celebration month. May 10th was Blake's birthday and Mother's Day. Blake and Remi made me breakfast in bed, and Remi and Broden joined me and we all ate in bed. Then Alissa woke up and she also got breakfast in bed. For Blake's birthday we let him open his presents before church. He got 4 new ties. He already opened his other birthday and anniversary present. He got a new camera. One of the really nice ones that you can use different lenses with. He has been wanting one of these since we got married. Thank you air force for helping us out with this one. Then after church we just hung out and we were going to make a nice steak dinner, but Blake was feeling sick all afternoon, so steak wasn't really what he wanted. Remi and I did make a birthday cake for him though. We sang to him and he blew out the candles, but didn't eat any. The kids and I enjoyed it though. Poor Blake just didn't have a very good birthday. The kids did go to bed early though and we got to watch Twilight together. That was relaxing. Blake got me 2 hanging pots of flowers that are beautiful. I wanted something I could take with me if we move this summer.

The 13th was my birthday. I have been trying to eat healthy, so I didn't want a cake. But with kids you can't not sing Happy Birthday and blow out a candle, so Blake got creative. He got me a York Peppermint patty and put a candle in it. We all shared it after I blew out my candle. I also got some spatula's, bungee cords and flashlights. Then in the afternoon he took me shopping for some clothes and a new swimming suit. It was fun! I have and amazing husband. I also got to go to Arizona for my birthday. I left on the 15th(which is our anniversary). Thank you to those of you who gave me this gift. I had such a fun time down there.

When I got home our anniversary present was in the garage. New bikes, helmets and everything we needed to go for family bike rides. We have been wanting to do this for 3 years, and we can finally do it financially. I'm so glad we got these while we live here. There are so many places to see and you can see so much more when riding a bike than you can on foot.

We have been married for five wonderful years. Sometimes it feels like it has been forever. Not in a bad way though. It just seems like I have always had Blake by my side. I don't really remember life without him. He is such a good husband and an amazing father. I am so grateful he holds the priesthood and honors it. He can always make me smile. We have so much fun together and I look forward to having forever with him!

2 comments:

Julie Loftus said...

I love all the pictures. I totally forgot that the 15th was your anniversary...so happy late anniversary!

Jones Family said...

I am at the hospital with the laptop to keep me company and I had to go through your pictures because it is so crazy how much Makenna looks like Blake! She even has the blonde, blonde hair. It is funny how genes work!