Monday, April 6, 2009

General Conference

I loved conference weekend! We started out by dinner with some other dental students at their house. There were 9 adults and 11 kids. The kids had a blast together and it was fun to be with the adults while the kids played. I think it was the first time we left somewhere when we were ready to leave instead of the kids being "ready" to leave. Usually we rush out of someone's house when our kids are way beyond tired and impossible to control. They did great on Friday. Thanks Lauren and Andy for the invite!

Saturday we slept in until 9 then Blake had some work he needed to do at the school, but we only have one computer to watch conference on, so we packed up all the kids and drove down to the school. The kids and I watched Blake do lab work for a while then walked around. When it was time for conference we went to a little classroom and hooked the computer up to a projector to watch conference. It was awesome. We ate lunch while we watched, then the kids played with their animals and wrote on the chalk board. They were so good, so we got to listen in peace, for the most part!

After the first session, Blake finished up his lab work and we drove home. We showered and got ready while listening to the second session, then took the kids to a babysitter while we went to a wedding reception. Blake went to the priesthood session and I went with my friend PJ shopping for bathroom decor then to get the kids from the babysitters. We then went back to Mario and PJ's so the boys could watch basketball. The kids just played while PJ and I talked. Then at midnight the kids finally fell asleep and we left at 12:30. Sunday we enjoyed the first session of conference then went for a hike at one of the Metroparks by our house. We saw lots of fun animals. Deer, Yellow finches, wood ducks, cardinals, a muscrat, robins, lot of other birds, a tree a beaver was cutting down and a huge fish jumping out of the water. We all had a blast and wore out all the kids, who slept while we watched the final session of conference.

I love watching conference and feeling the peace that comes with it. I love how much the speakers talked about Christ. One thing that hit me that I hadn't thought about before was when Jesus was on the cross and said why has thou forsaken me our Father in Heaven withdrew his spirit so that Christ could know perfectly everything we as humans go through. He was perfect so he never felt spiritual death until that point. It made the atonement complete. He knew absolutely anything eny of us would ever feel, even spiritual death. I hadn't ever thought about that before. It helps my understand the atonement just a little more. I still have so much to learn though. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have and look forward to learning all I can in this life and adding to it in the next.

After conference we gave the kids a bath, watched, "Beauty and the Beast" and went to bed. We had such a fun weekend as a family and I am excited to get the May Ensign and read the talks to refresh my memory. I'm so glad they print them, because my memory is too short to remember everything I need to.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

That sounds like such a fun weekend! It's always so nice to spend a few days together doing everything as a family:) Thanks for sharing your testimony!