Sunday, November 2, 2008

BRODEN IS 2!!!!

Thursday Broden had his second birthday which we are still celebrating! When he woke up I fixed muffins and Remi, PJ(my visiting teacher and volleyball teammate) and sang happy birthday to him. Then when Blake got home we had dinner, opened presents and ate cake. Blake and Remi went out Wednesday and had a blast picking out presents for Broden. To "wrap" the presents Remi and I tore up 4 old magazines and wadded up paper and put it into the wagon box with all his presents(except the wagon) They got him 4 horses and a stick horse. He loved climbing into the box and pulling out his presents. Then we had him find his wagon, which him and Remi both love. We used it Friday to pull them in trick or treating.

Well I'll finish later. We are having a friend birthday party in an hour, so I need to get out his presents from grandma and grandpa and finish picking up. Blake aready cleaned pretty much the whole house.

Ok, I'm continuing now.

Broden has been such a fun little boy. He is learning to talk so well. Things he loves to say are:
Thank you
I love you
More
Please
Bye, Bye
Elephant
Bear
Tiger
Giraffe
Bath
oh hoh(horse)
RRROOOAAARRRR
SELF(He wants to do everything "Self")

Broden always remembers to say thank you. He will get hurt and be screaming at the top of his lungs, but if you kiss his sore he will always say thank you, even in the middle of his crying.

All the little kids I've said love you to will just say love you back to me, but Broden will say I love you.

Something Broden does right now that I think is so cute is when Blake takes them up to brush their teeth and read books he will always remember prayers. He will come find me wherever I am and say, "Mom, prayers." So he is a good little reminder. He even insists on saying prayers before naps now too. He is such a good example.

For a couple months now we have thought Broden wanted his and Remi's friend Raefy to do everything with us. But last week we realized that he says Remi and Raefy the same way. So when he wants breakfast with"Raefy" or wants to play with "Raefy" or take a bath with "Raefy" he is really saying he wants to do all these things with Remi. Half the time he is talking about Raefy, but he loves doing everything with Remi too.

Another thing Broden does is if Remi wants what he has and asks for it he will give it to her. If she takes it from him he gets really mad and will try to hit or bite her, so I will make her give it back. He will play with it for a few seconds and then he will give it to her. He will even go find her to give it to her whever she is. It is so sweet that he is so good at sharing. We love our little laid back boy!!!





1 comment:

Stan and Kristi said...

How sweet is that? What a great idea to record all of those things about Broden on his birthday! He will love to read that when he gets older. I always think that I don't need to write things down because I will always remember, but we always forget...